Pages

Bring in 2015!

Bring in 2015!

Goodbye 2014!


Happy New Year, everyone! This past year was crazy for me. I was looking back over my year and was surprised at how much I did. 2015 will be even more jam-packed with things to do, places to go, and people to meet!

Back in this post, I mentioned things that I wanted to achieve throughout the year. Here they are along with some of my other goals for 2014, and my accomplishments:

2014


  1. Art book: Made "Kitty Couture"
  2. Official "Art of Chelsea Loren Edwards" website: Go see it!
  3. Blog about video game adventures: Here! Add me as a friend on Steam!
  4. Art tutorials: I made a Tumblr page and Pinterest board dedicated to art tips and tricks.
  5. Travel: Went to Oregon & Japan in 2014! Also camped in the Marin Headlands with Ryan and my friend, Sam. Neither Ryan nor I had gone camping since we were teenagers and it was our first time together! Now I wanna do more camping! :D
  6. More involvement in art community: APE and Mixed Tape Gallery.
  7. Inktober: Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3!


A lot of 2015's goals will be similar to 2014 because I just want to keep doing these things! Here are just some of my goals for this year:

2015


  1. Draw more frequently! To encourage this, I am currently putting together a list of 365 drawing ideas, round robin style. If you would like, draw along with me! I want to make all 365 ideas this year and maybe put them together in a book. I already know that I won't be able to do a drawing a day because I am getting married in the near future and weddings are a lot more work than I thought they would be! ._.; Haha all the same I want to make them, so some days I will be drawing more than others.
  2. Make more master copies and studies. I have found I learn a lot when I do master copies and I want to keep learning.
  3. Get a shop set up. Right now I have Etsy, but I am not in love with it.
  4. Make another art book. I already have some ideas for this - thinking of doing either "Kids of Legend of Zelda"  or "Space Girls and Robots." Also with my 365-drawings I want to put that together in a book.
  5. Finish Website. To clarify, I still have to actually finish the website - really it's a construction page.
  6. Continue involvement in art community. The Beehive Society is already doing another show in January called "Springfield, Springfield!" I am excited to be a part of more of their shows. I also want to do Inktober again. I feel like it was a great way to see people's work and to be involved.
  7. First draft of book, written. Originally I had intended to have the art and book done by Spring. And then life happened! I still want to get at least the first draft written. It's a story I have had milling around in my head for a while so I should be able to get that done.
  8. Blog & YouTube about video games & art. I want to do more blogging & YouTube videos about video games and art. I didn't actually get to make my own tutorials this year, I ended up giving out a lot of advice or teaching people individually. I would like to make some wide-scale tutorials. For the video games ... it's an excuse, but I think part of the reason I didn't get around to doing more posts was in-part to me saying that I was going to write about Starbound next. This was as I got all the final gear so I thought "What is there to cover?" Then I kept thinking "This was the one I said I was going to do next ... now let's do nothing." Yeah, that's sometimes how my brain works. I will do better this year haha. It didn't help that the Sims 4 came out when I was able to play video games again and I was playing that every night. >.>;
  9. Travel. This is going to happen thanks to the honeymoon! The plan is to go somewhere tropical. We are nailing down plans this weekend. :) Also we will be going to Minnesota later this year and more than likely Oregon. I have been wanting to take Ryan to Yosemite since he has never been, so I will be looking at that as well.
  10. Have a happy wedding and honeymoon. As long as I'm with Ryan, I am pretty sure everything should be okay. Wish me luck!
What are your goals for this new year? Do you have any suggestions for me? Hope all of you are having a fantastic start to 2015!